Job Title: Civil Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Division
Reports To: VP of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Civil Engineer is responsible for structural design and fabrications to withstand the loads and forces imposed. Manage multiple projects primarily in residential construction and light commercial projects in design and structural analysis. This position requires thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. Lead the project design review from concept through installation processes while meeting the local building codes. Coordinate with our CAD Team in the creating of permit drawings and specifications required to secure local building permit.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Structural Engineer must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of five years of experience in residential/light commercial construction. Must have applicable construction knowledge in carpentry, masonry and concrete disciplines as they apply to building codes. Responsible to plan and conduct work independently to evaluate, analyze and adapt engineering techniques and procedures. Must be competent in the use of AutoCAD and Engineering programs. Must be organized and possess strong reading, math, and writing skills and have the ability to communicate with others.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations for construction projects to meet local building codes and standards.
- Provides technical support for the design and implementation for new and existing products.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Project, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of typical building/construction codes.
- Review jobs for potential problems and review concerns with the Project Manager.
- Work with field installation personnel in addressing structural issues during construction.
- Management of third party testing process per appropriate industry standards (including but not limited those from AAMA, ASTM, NFRC, etc.)
- Develops concept drawings for assigned design projects. Presents concepts to design team and modifies design based upon team input.
- Works with purchasing department and vendors during design process to ensure manufacturability of components. Provides vendors with dimensioned drawings. Evaluates and approves all vendor samples.
- Leads cross-functional design teams.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Human Resources Manager
700 E. Highland Rd. | Macedonia, OH 44056
Main: 888-468-0700 ext. 2124 | Direct: 440-817-0621 | Fax: 440-817-0621