STANTEC – Transportation Engineer – Albany, NY
(Posted January 2, 2017)
Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our projects lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, engineering, and CS/CI services for all phases of bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec’s Transportation team provides a full range of innovative services to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of people and goods through a variety of modes of transportation. We encourage creativity in the design and delivery of projects, and use life cycle assessments to help clients effectively manage their assets.
Stantec’s focus is on providing innovative solutions respecting local preferences and understanding the myriad environmental regulations and design guidelines that affect today's transportation projects. We manage the project development process proactively, recognizing that successful transportation projects require more than just good technical solutions - they must be sustainable economically, socially, and environmentally. We pride ourselves on our ability to work with our clients and stakeholders to achieve that while supporting cost-effective solutions.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Transportation Engineer to become part of a dynamic transportation group specializing in the design of major highways, Regional and Municipal arterial roads, and related local roadway projects.
Serve as a transportation engineer responsible for working within a design team to develop highway and other related transportation projects. Typical projects include urban and rural roadway design, expressway and interchange design, signalization, hydraulics and hydrology, access management and roadside grading, drainage and safety improvements for both private entities and public agencies.
This will involve the development of Preliminary and Final Roadway Design Plans, performing and/or checking design calculations, preparing estimates, quality control reviews, and preparation of technical reports and specifications.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, with 4-6 years of relevant highway design experience.
- New York PE license is preferred (not required)
- Working knowledge of Microstation, InRoads, and Microsoft Office is preferred
- Excellent verbal communications skills will be necessary in this position, as there will be extensive communication with the Stantec design team in multiple offices and client project teams
- Strong writing skills desired for the preparation of reports and proposals.
- Experience with NYSDOT, NYSTA and municipalities with locally administered federal aid projects is preferred
Please apply at: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html