TECTONIC – Senior-Level Civil Engineer – Orange County, NY
(Posted January 9, 2017)
TECTONIC is currently seeking a Senior-Level Civil Engineer at our corporate headquarters located in Orange County, NY. Relocation Assistance is available for this exciting opportunity to join our Civil Engineering Group!
The Senior Civil Engineer will provide ongoing supervision and training of staff, and will oversee the creation of project designs from start to finish, including conceptual/master planning, design, reporting, permitting, and public presentations. They will also oversee the development, planning, and creation of documentation addressing details such as layout, grading, utilities, storm water management, erosion/sediment control, roadways, water resources, and regulatory compliance. Essential functions also include providing technical leadership to civil engineers, drafters, and administrative support to ensure the accurate and timely completion of projects, including the review and approval of documentation, to remain compliant with Company and client standards and requirements. The Senior Civil Engineer will also be responsible for all aspects of technical project planning for complex projects, including interactions with clients and contractors, for the duration of the project. Essential functions also include establishing and monitoring schedules and budgets as they relate to assigned projects, performing project site visits as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of diverse experience in land development, water resources, or municipal services;
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS PE License;
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering is required; Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering is a plus;
- Must have experience with project management, client-relations management, design, and technical staff supervision;
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Familiarity with AutoCAD 2014 required;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle, as project site visits are required.
All applicants will be considered based on their qualifications, skills and experience.
In addition to providing competitive salaries, TECTONIC offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
To review and apply for this position, please visit: http://tectonicengineering.com/site/front-page/about-us/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a78824750db0cf70150e96f8fec7ad7&gns=ASCE OR email resume and qualifications to Resume@tectonicengineering.com
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. TECTONIC participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.