Milone & MacBroom, Inc. – Water Resources Engineer – New Paltz, NY
(Posted October 31, 2017)
Job Title: Water Resources Engineer
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is a growing multidisciplinary engineering, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental science consulting firm. Our corporate office is located in Cheshire, Connecticut, with regional office locations in Maine, New York, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
We are seeking an experienced water resource project engineer to work at our office located in New Paltz, New York. New Paltz is a vibrant, cultural, and richly historical village located in the Hudson Valley. We are proud to be a part of a LEED Platinum building, also designated a Net Zero Energy Building.
The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of water-resource-related projects, including stream and river restoration, flood mitigation, geomorphic assessment, and design of culverts to accommodate aquatic organism passage.This position includes performance of the technical aspects of the work as well as managing projects and client relations.
Typical responsibilities include the following:
- Provide engineering design and develop technical drawings using AutoCAD for water-resource-related projects.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic computations and modeling.
- Collect monitoring data and perform field reviews of project sites.
- Prepare technical documents and reports.
The qualified candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Three to seven years of professional relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience for projects related to river and stream restoration
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Experience applying environmental modeling (e.g., HEC RAS, HEC HMS, and others)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to produce well‑written reports and regulatory compliance documents
- Ability to plan, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to make good decisions
The ideal candidate will have a professional engineer's license and the ability to travel within New York and New England.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, opportunities for advancement, and a pleasant and cohesive working environment.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
Milone & MacBroom, Inc.
99 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410
T: (203) 271-1773 / F: (203) 439-2307
Milone & MacBroom, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer