ASCE Seattle Section June Meeting (Virtual)
Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement Awards & YMF Student Scholarship Recipients!
This special annual program features Local Outstanding Civil Engineering Achievement (LOCEA) presentations and awards as well as recognition of the 2020 YMF Student Scholarship Recipients! Join us from the comfort of your own home, office, or wherever you find yourself through Microsoft Teams to celebrate the engineering accomplishments in our Section! This virtual section meeting is free to attend and open to members and non-members. Please join us on June 10th, 5pm - 6:30pm. The program will begin promptly at 5pm, so please plan on joining a couple minutes early to resolve any technical issues.
+1 253-666-9694 United States, Tacoma (Toll)
Conference ID: 552 969 774#
The annual LOCEA awards recognize outstanding projects in the categories of Geotechnical, Structural, Ports and Waterways, Water Resources, Transportation and Development, and Small Project and Non-Construction Studies. Eligible projects are those that: have been accomplished by a civil engineer who is a member of the Seattle Section; is located within the Seattle Section (includes the counties of King, Snohomish, Kitsap, Whatcom, Skagit, San Juan, Island, Clallam, and Jefferson); was substantially completed in the calendar year 2019; and is predominantly civil engineering-related work.
This year we will recognize and hear presentations regarding the following winning projects. Congratulations to all the winning teams! Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations this year, we are very proud of the work that our members have accomplished!
2020 LOCEA Winners:
- Transportation and Development Engineering - Granary Avenue and Laurel Street Project by KPFF and team
- Small Projects and Non-Construction Study - CSO 171 Outfall Project by HDR and team
- Geotechnical Engineering - Lake Crescent Roadway Improvements Project by Aspect Consulting and team
- Transportation and Development Engineering - NE 45th Street East Approach Seismic Retrofit Project by HDR and team
- Water Resources and Environmental Engineering - Meydenbauer Bay Park Project by Anchor QEA and team
YMF Student Scholarship Winners:
- Emily Sirguy - Port Angeles High School ($1000)
- Emma Weller - Port Angeles High School ($1000)
- Ethan Thong - Henry M. Jackson High School ($500)
- Laina Delgado - Henry M. Jackson High School ($500)