Current Open Positions
Read more about the position and apply by clicking the link below.
Engineering Technician - Senior, City of Redmond | Apply Now
The City of Redmond is a thriving, culturally diverse community and home to over 66,000 residents. Redmond is the hub to an array of commerce and industry ranging from technology, aerospace and gaming to biomedical and innovation start-ups.
The City of Redmond Public Works Department is responding to the growing needs of the City. The fast-paced nature of our municipality drives innovation and efficiency. The successful candidate will possess strong values that align with the City's values, which include being welcoming, having integrity, showing accountability, and demonstrating a commitment to service. Additionally, the ideal candidate should find satisfaction in providing exceptional customer service, and thrive in a collaborative, high-volume work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform traffic engineering review of all private development and public-sector improvement plans for compliance with the MUTCD and City requirements for traffic signs and markings.
- Perform as the principal liaison between Traffic Operations and the Streets division of the City's Maintenance and Operations Center (MOC).
- Evaluate and respond to requests for signing and markings from other City divisions, outside agencies (such as Metro) and from the public.
- Review and approve all traffic control plans impacting City streets for compliance with standards (MUTCD, City Work Zone Traffic Control Manual, WSDOT Standard Plans), and hours of operations based on traffic volume data.
- Use MS 2 data to respond to staff and public requests for collision data, analyze traffic collision records to prepare annual collision reports.
- Assist division staff as needed with GIS and standard maps.
- Review questions and requests for information from the public, city staff, outside agencies, and elected officials.
- Prepare appropriate responses in a timely manner to send directly to the requestor or to other staff as part of a coordinated response.
- College–level course work or graduation from an accredited two-year college or university with a degree in drafting, engineering sciences or related field.
- Seven (7) years experience in an engineering technician related field.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Materials Testing Lab Manager/Supervisor, HWA GeoSciences Inc. | Apply Now
HWA GeoSciences Inc. is a geotechnical and environmental firm located in Bothell, Washington. Our mission is to provide leading geo-environmental and geotechnical consulting services by providing exceptional work, delighting our clients, having fun and growing our business. Here at HWA we have a passion for what we do and foster a culture of growth, team, and to making positive impacts on the earth.
We also like to play in the dirt and come up with creative and smart ways to solve problems that pertain to our state’s infrastructure, stability, and environmental impact.
HWA is looking for an experienced Materials Laboratory Manager/Supervisor. Salary based on experience and certifications.
Managing a team of technicians to include scheduling, training, customer support etc.
Ability to actively engage with customers to support their current and anticipating needs
Perform tests for soil, concrete and asphalt in compliance with applicable ASTM, AASHTO and other standards.
Assist on secondary testing of soil, concrete and asphalt relating to permeability, strength and materials acceptance.
Provide occasional field support including sample or supply pick-up and delivery.
At least 3 years’ experience working in a soil’s lab
At least 3 years’ experience managing personnel
Proactive can-do attitude and ability to find new and better ways to be efficient
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Reliable, punctual, attention to detail
Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Able to use computer software, MS Office Suite
Sense of humor is a must
- Experience with Construction Materials Testing or Inspection
- ACI Aggregate Testing/Concrete Strength Testing Level 1
- Associates/Technical Degree
Here’s what HWA will offer you:
Bonus based on individual and company performance
Options for share ownership
Full package benefits
Flexible work schedule with a focus on work/life balance
Working with people who have passion for geotechnical engineering and the environment
Paid training and professional educational hours
Fun work events
HWA GeoSciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If that sounds good, then we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
To apply, email your resume and cover letter with “Materials Testing Lab Manager/Supervisor” in the subject line, to email@example.com. HWA GeoSciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.