Welcome to the South Carolina Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers website. The South Carolina Section of ASCE serves the entire state of South Carolina as well as 3 counties in Georgia.
This website compiles all the information for the sections activities as well as the branches located within South Carolina. If we can be of service to you, feel free to contact one of the officers listed on this site.
ASCE Society Election- Vote Now!
ASCE Members can vote now through June 1st.
See the steps below:
1. Voting is EASY!
2. Emails are distributing on Monday, May 1st - check your spam folder 3. If you didn't receive the email, don't worry because- there are NO special codes this year.
4. Go to http://www.asce.org/votenow.
5. Use your ASCE member login and password (click the links if you need assistance).
6. Follow the instructions to vote and submit your ballot.
7. The ballot includes a Constitutional Amendment to increase the size of the Board to allow the third Technical Region Director to have a vote at the table.
8. Information on the Nominees can be found on the electronic http://www.asce.org/votenow or the ASCE http://www.asce.org/elections/
9. Students and Affiliate Members are not eligible to vote.
10. Dues must have been paid by April 1, 2017 to be eligible to vote.
11. The election will close at Central Daylight Time on .
12. Members who prefer to vote using a paper ballot may contact mailto:email@example.com and request that one be mailed.
Keep in mind these upcoming events for ASCE!
SC Engineering Conference & Trade Show: June 8 – 12, 2017 (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Joint conference between ASCE, ACEC, and SCSPE. Besides for membership dues, this is Section’s only source of income. Please encourage members to attend, provide information to potential sponsors and exhibitors, and reach out to potential presenters. Section Board Meeting and Annual Meeting will take place on June 8.
Geo-Carolina Concference: October 9 & 10, 2017 (Charlotte, NC)
The Geo-Carolinas Chapter of the Geo-Institute is proud to announce the Inaugural Geo-Carolinas Conference. The event will take placeOctober 9 and 10, 2017 in Charlotte, North Carolina. The conference will include state-of-the art technical presentations by leaders in the field of geotechnical engineering, as well as a reception and exhibits. Twelve lectures will be presented over the course of one and a half days. Guest speakers will include Anne Lemnitzer, Dave Paul, Allen Marr, Tim Stark, Silas Nicholas, Jimmy Martin, John Daniels and Ken Stokoe, among others. Please save the date, and look for more details to follow soon.