ASCE Virginia Section was founded in 1922. Our objective shall be the advancement of the science and profession of Civil Engineering. The ASCE Virginia Section has seven branches:
- Blue Ridge Branch (1967): Counties of Albermale, Augusta, Greene, Highland, Madison, Nelson, Page, Rockingham, Shenandoah,
- Bull Run Branch (1969): Counties of Frederick, Clarke, Warren, Loundoun, Fauquier, Prince William, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Culpeper, and Rappahanock
- Lynchburg Branch (1975): Counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, Campbell, Charlotte, Halifax, Pittsylvania, and Rockbridge. Cities of Bedford, Buena Vista, Danville, Lynchburg, and Southboston.
- Norfolk Branch (1955): Counties of Accomack, Greensville, Isle of Wight, Nansemond, Northampton, Southampton, Surry, and Sussex. Cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Virginia Beach.
- Peninsula Branch (1966): Counties of Gloucester, James City, Lancaster, Mathews, Middle Sex, Northumberland, and York. Cities of Hampton and Newport News.
- Richmond Branch (1955): Counties of Amelia, Brunswick, Buckingham, Charles City, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Fluvanna, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, King William, King and Queen, Essex, King George, Caroline, Westmoreland, Louisa, Lunenberg, Mecklenberg, New Kent, Nottoway, Orange, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George. City of Richmond.
- Roanoke Branch (1955): Counties of Alleghany, Bland, Botetourt, Buchanan, Carroll, Craig, Dickenson, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Grayson, Henry, Lee, Montgomery, Patrick, Pulaski, Roanoke, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, Wise, and Wythe. Cities of Roanoke and Salem.