City of Oakwood - City Engineer
Type: Full Time
Rate: $101605 - $123,619 Annually
Closing Date: Submit applications as soon as possible
The city of Oakwood is currently accepting applications for City Engineer in the Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of public and private sector experience, with a strong background in design, and with significant experience in ESRI GIS and AutoCAD software preferred. This position is accountable for planning, organizing, managing, and providing direction and oversight for the engineering functions and interacts daily with the Public Works Department. It includes civil engineering design, construction and inspection, traffic engineering, and land development engineering. The City Engineer assists in coordinating assigned activities with other city departments, consultants, outside agencies, and the public. This position reports directly to the City Manager, but works very closely with the Director of Public Works.
- Design and/or administering contracts for enginering plans and specifications for public improvements
- preparing and/or supervising the preparation of construction plans and specifications for public infrastructure improvement projects
- Supervising the Engineering Department
- Reviewing plans for code conformance
- Assisting city departments and developers with long-range planning
- Receiving and responding to inquiries from the public regarding projects
- Working with consulting engineers, construction project managers, and other agencies on public works projects
- Overseeing all construction within city rights-of-way
- Preparing budgets and capital improvement programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
- State of Ohio professional engineer’s license
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Minimum of six years’ demonstrated progressively responsible experience as a Professional Engineer with a thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles and design related to a wide variety of public works projects
- (Provide copies of required and/or additional licenses and certifications)
Montgomery County Environmental Services - Engineer 3
Type: Full Time
Rate: $60,902 - $74,630 Annually ($29.28/hr to $35.88/hr)
Montgomery County Environmental Services provides water and water reclamation (sewer) services to 80,000 customers, and solid waste and recycling services to 525,000 citizens in Montgomery County, Ohio. The department offers educational outreach programs for local schools, communities, and businesses that want to learn more about conservation and sustainability in the Miami Valley region.
- Plans and prioritizes assigned projects involving new construction and modifications to existing facilities, designs plans for assigned projects.
- Prepares project specification and standard design data, determines required safety and maintenance characteristics of planned facilities to ensure compliance with applicable specifications by conducting on-site project inspection.
- Operates motor vehicle to conduct field visits to construction sites to inspect existing projects and observe progress and contract compliance. Checks plans for accuracy and conformance to safety and regulatory requirements, prepares cost estimates and reviews cost estimates prepared by others.
- Reviews change orders, provides liaison with contractors concerning modifications of plans, processes partial contractor payments, coordinates selection of project consultants and reviews consultants' recommendations. May seal plans as authorized and required.
- Assists in the development of policies, guidelines and budgeted expenses relevant to the unit's operations.
- Provides input for the preparation of contracts, counsels contractors and other areas of the county on matters pertinent to the unit. Resolves complaints from public on matters originated by the unit, controls quality and standardization of test procedures, reviews and authorizes requisitions and material orders, directs the maintenance of relevant engineering documentation and provides statistical analyses, diagrams, graphs, flow charts, and related information media.
- Provides reports covering progress of projects and costs incurred, provides technical leadership to assigned lower-level engineers and technicians, supervises entry level engineer as assigned, attends training as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must hold Professional Engineer registration in any state or territory of the United States, or obtain within the first nine months of employment.
- 2 years of the 4 years of experience required to obtain Professional Engineer registration must be in utilities or construction management field.
- Must have completed MCES Engineer (E2) training program (equivalent evidence may be substituted).Must have current valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- OR evidence of equivalent minimum qualifications (education, experience or combination of the two)
Please go to www.mcohio.org to apply.
City of Oakwood - Water Plant Superintendent/Water & Sewer Foreman
Type: Full Time
Rate: $85,028 - $99,472 Annually
Closing Date: February 12, 2021
The city of Oakwood is currently accepting applications for Water Plant Superintendent/Water & Sewer Foreman in the Public Works Department. This position is accountable for overseeing the operation of the water and sanitary sewer division of the Public Works Department and supervising the water and sewer division maintenance crew in all aspects of repair and preventative maintenance of Oakwood’s Public Water System.
- Managing the daily operations of the water production and distribution systems and the sanitary sewer collection system
- Ensuring that all water and sewer operations are conducted in compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Other responsibilities as listed in the job posting
- Four or more years of experience in water production, treatment and distribution operations, and sanitary sewer operations
- Maintain an Ohio EPA Class II (or higher) Water Supply Certification at time of hire
- Maintain an Ohio EPA Class II Wastewater Collection Certification or have the ability to obtain the certification within twenty-four (24) months of hire
- Maintain backflow certification or have the ability to obtain the certification within twenty-four (24) months of hire
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and CDL
Montgomery County Engineer's Office - Senior Engineer - Traffic Engineer
Type: Full Time
Rate: $80,000 - $94,536 Annually ($38.46/hr to $45.45/hr)
The Montgomery County Engineer's Office (MCEO), located in Dayton, Ohio, is responsible for building, maintaining, and operating 315 miles of county roads, 525 bridges, 54 traffic signals and approximately 7,000 traffic control signs. MCEO is seeking a senior level traffic engineer to provide professional and technical guidance on civil engineering projects and studies as assigned.
- Directs the traffic count, speed studies, access permit and high crash monitoring programs
- Prepares and reviews traffic studies to determine appropriate treatments and traffic control to resolve safety and congestion issues
- Provides traffic engineering reviews on construction plans, temporary traffic control (MOT) plans, and studies submitted by consultants related to capital improvements and commercial/residential developments
- Performs design activities and assists in the preparation of bid submittal documents for capital improvement projects (signals, signs, pavements markings, temporary traffic control plans)
- Ability to mentor, direct activities, and supervise work of traffic department staff
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of County maintained traffic signals
- Manages civil engineering service contracts for design projects and traffic studies
- Assists staff in the development and budgeting of the five-year capital improvement program
- Investigates public concerns/inquiries; meets with citizens to define and resolve issues
- Functions as the ADA coordinator for facilities located within the public right-of-way
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) curriculum; Masters degree preferred
- Ohio Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain within one year required
- 5 or more years of civil engineering design experience involving traffic operations, maintenance of traffic signals, road, bridge and/or drainage projects
- Working knowledge of the MUTCD, traffic signal design, traffic controller operation, capacity analysis, and high crash location analysis required
- Familiarity with the Highway Capacity Manual, Synchro, and SimTraffic required
- Familiarity with AutoCAD preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze problems and deal with conflict effectively
- Self-motivated individual who seeks and accepts responsibility
- Strong communication skills and experience relating to the public, peers and support personnel
- Valid State of Ohio Driver's License or ability to obtain within 6 months
Montgomery County Engineer's Office - Plat & Drainage Engineer
Type: Full Time
Rate: $52,998.40 - $72,571.20 Annually ($25.48/hr to $34.89/hr)
The Montgomery County Engineer's Office located in Dayton, Ohio is responsible for building, maintaining and operating approximately 500 bridges and 315 road miles. The Office is seeking a Plat & Drainage Engineer to review construction plans and coordinate inspection for subdivisions and site plans.
- Reviews plat submittals and building sites for compliance with the Montgomery County Subdivision Regulations. Reviews include drainage design, street design, storm water compliance and bond review
- Leads effort to implement and maintain County Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) to satisfy Phase II of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- Schedules and conducts drainage review meetings
- Interacts with the general public regarding drainage issues
- Support office drainage reviews for capital improvement projects
- Assists with ditch petitions in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code
- When needed, field inspect plat construction improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) curriculum
- 2 or more years of site/civil design experience. Proven experience in the ability to prepare urban drainage designs and construction plans. Additional experience with road design and hydraulic analysis as applied to bridges desired.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination within one year of beginning employment
- Competency with civil engineering drainage software, such as TR-20/55, HEC software, and ODOT CDSS
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Strong communication skills in dealing with peers, consultants and contractors
- Self-motivated individual who wants responsibility
- Desire to coach and develop less experienced staff
- Valid State of Ohio Driver's License or the ability to obtain within 6 months