SOCIAL MEDIA POLICIES AND DISCLAIMERS: RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
ASCE Akron-Canton Section uses social media to educate and inform its members, local civil engineers, and interested parties about news and promotions related to ASCE and the profession.
We welcome discussion on our social media sites: sharing experiences and reactions makes our social spaces that much more vibrant. That said, all conversation should be courteous and on-topic. We do not tolerate posting of offensive, spam, or harmful comments. Remember, everything posted to our social sites is public – don’t publish something that you might regret down the line!
Keep in mind that any information shared or posted on our sites is not a substitution for professional consultation.
Every ASCE social media effort will follow these principles:
- CONNECT WITH MEMBERS - ASCE Akron-Canton Section will use social media to communicate and connect with individual members at the local level. ASCE Akron-Canton Section will make everyone feel welcome and show them how to get more involved with the Society.
- BE STEWARDS OF THE SOCIETY AND ITS MISSION - ASCE Akron-Canton Section will put our best foot forward and show all the good ASCE has to offer to members. ASCE Akron-Canton Section will promote Section events, share photos, and celebrate the successes of members from our community.
- PROMOTE CIVIL ENGINEERING - ASCE Akron-Canton Section will share local civil engineering news and interest stories so our community can understand the importance of our members’ work.
COMPLETE RULES AND POLICIES
Here are ASCE Akron-Canton Section’s complete social media rules and policies:
- The following rules govern the use of ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, and LinkedIn. By accessing ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media channels, you agree to abide by these rules and any modifications thereto.
- The opinions and or views expressed on ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media platforms represent the thoughts of individual contributors and online communities, and not those necessarily of ASCE Akron-Canton Section or any of its affiliates. The opinions and views expressed on these pages also do not in any way reflect the views of the website they are posted on, the staff involved with maintaining the website, or any members of the website.
- Links to other websites on ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media sites are provided for entertainment and informational purposes only, and do not constitute endorsement of those sites. As such, ASCE Akron-Canton Section is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- ASCE Akron-Canton Section reserves the right to remove, edit, or otherwise alter content deemed inappropriate for any reason, without notification.
- ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media channels, and any postings and comments therein, shall not contain or link to language or illustrations that:
- Are libelous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, offensive, abusive, ad hominem, or off-topic
- Are confidential or proprietary to ASCE, its members, or affiliates
- Are intended for commercial purposes, such as solicitation of funds, promotion of commercial entities, or engaging in other commercial activity
- Endorse or oppose any political candidate or party or any partisan political position
- Include spam or chain letters
- Violate a third party’s right to privacy or any other applicable local, state, national or international law
- Degrade others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification
- Infringe on any third party’s copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights
- By posting on ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media sites, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via these social media sites used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on them.
- ASCE Akron-Canton Section social media communication is for general informational purposes only and is not intended in any fashion to be a substitute for professional consultation. Reliance on the contents of these communications is solely and completely at your own risk; therefore, you are urged to exercise a reasonable degree of caution in your use of any information or advice contained herein. Under no circumstances does ASCE Akron-Canton Section, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, or volunteers warrant the completeness, accuracy, or relevancy of any information or advice provided herein, or its usefulness for any particular purpose. ASCE Akron-Canton Section, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and volunteers expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any liability, loss, or damage that you may cause or incur in reliance on any information or advice provided herein.
For questions, comments or concerns, please email the Webmaster.