Speak Up For Infrastructure
Grassroots advocacy plays a critical role in ASCE’s ability to meet its vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We can and do lobby. Key Contacts help the Society lead those efforts by contacting their state and federal legislators, sharing their everyday civil engineering experiences, and building relationships. The Key Contact Program supports Key Contacts in their efforts with advocacy resources, training, and tools.
- One-click, pre-drafted emails to communicate with federal and state elected officials.
- FREE Key Contact-only webinars & issue briefings.
- Advocacy training that helps hone elevator pitches, maximizes influence, and gets results.
- Back Home Meeting materials to further relationships with elected officials in your district.
- Leadership opportunities as Federal and State Advocacy Captains.
- Apply to attend the annual Legislative Fly-In in DC and bring civil engineering issues to Congress.
- Improves your soft skills by providing opportunities to network, negotiate, interact with the public, build coalitions, use social media, etc.
ASCE advocates for a variety of different issues impacting the civil engineering profession from licensure to transportation infrastructure funding to STEM education. Key Contacts are the foundation of that advocacy and the Key Contact Program provides you with the tools, resources, and training to be successful.
It doesn’t take a lot of time to help change the conversation, especially when we’re doing it together. Join the ASCE advocacy team today.
Become a Key Contact Today! Click Here!!