ASCE Cincinnati Section 100-Year Anniversary Celebration
The ASCE Cincinnati Section was founded in 1920 and is celebrating its 100-Year Anniversary in 2020. The Section will have a series of anniversary events to commemorate the rich engineering history of Cincinnati and to look at the future of Cincinnati and civil engineering.
- February 20, 2020 - Cincinnati’s Waterfront. This dinner meeting will include a presentation about history of Cincinnati’s waterfront. The presentation will be by John Deatrick, PE, and John Schneider, two Cincinnati leaders that have been involved in many of the decisions and projects that have created today’s waterfront. It will be in the Moerlein Lager House; 115 Joe Nuxhall Way in Cincinnati. Event Sponsor – ASCE Foundation - Completed
- August 16, 2020 - Engineering Walk in Cincinnati. A commemorative family friendly Sunday afternoon walk in downtown Cincinnati will look at some of the significant engineering features in Cincinnati including the Ingalls Building (the world’s first reinforced concrete skyscraper) the Roebling Bridge, Cincinnati’s waterfront, and other features. Details TBD. Event Sponsor – SCS Engineers
- September 17, 2020 - The Future of Cincinnati. This dinner meeting will include a presentation about the trends and forces influencing and driving the future of Cincinnati. The presentation will be by John Yung, AICP, Senior Project Executive at Urban Fast Forward. It will be at the MadTree Brewery in the Oakley section of Cincinnati. Event Sponsor – Hazen
- October 15, 2020 - Building toward a Resilient Future. This meeting will include a discussion of resilience and how it applies to the Greater Cincinnati community. The program will present potential shocks and stressors to the built environment, including effects of climate change, and how planning and design can help mitigate damages and improve a community’s capacity to recover. Project examples from around the country will be presented along with some ideas for Cincinnati’s future. Tentative - Details TBD. Event Sponsor – Stantec
- November 12, 2020 - ASCE’s Future World Vision. This dinner meeting will include a presentation about ASCE’s Future World Vision - Infrastructure Reimagined. The presentation will look at the exciting future of civil engineering and the built environment. The presentation will be by Gerald E. “Jerry” Buckwalter ASCE National Chief Operating and Strategy Officer. The meeting location is TBD. Event Sponsor – Terracon
The Anniversary series events will be for all those interested in the history and future of Cincinnati - significant others and spouses are welcome! For more information please see ASCE Cincinnati Section website: http://sections.asce.org/cincinnati/
The Anniversary meetings will be for all those interested in the history and future of Cincinnati - significant others and spouses are welcome!
For more information please see the Events Section of the ASCE Cincinnati Section website: http://sections.asce.org/cincinnati/
Thanks for the Support of Our Anniversary Sponsors (Updated February 17, 2020)