Become a Member
ASCE is the guaranteed solution to build your technical skills and professional knowledge while supporting the environment, sustainability and infrastructure. Click here to learn more about membership benefits and to become a member today!
Stay Up to Date
Stay in touch by signing up to receive our Section newsletters and emails here.
View the latest ASCE Seattle Section newsletter here.
Review past issues of previous years' volumes of the ASCE Seattle Section newsletter here.
Jobs & Scholarships
ASCE Seattle maintains a job board of open positions in the Section area. Posted positions are also advertised in our monthly email newsletter sent to over 2,000 recipients. Learn more and view open positions below:
Younger Member Forum (YMF)
The Seattle YMF is a group of young professionals (under 35) who host a variety of fun events in the Seattle area to promote Civil Engineering. We were recognized as the most outstanding Younger Member Group in the country by ASCE in 2014. The Seattle YMF is involved in a variety of networking, outreach, community service, and professional development events. Please come join us at our next event.
Technical & Standing Committees
ASCE Seattle Section has several technical and standing committees that hold meetings and events throughout the year and offer volunteer opportunities for our members. Learn more about each committee and their upcoming events by clicking on the links below.
- Environmental & Water Resources Institute (EWRI) - The purpose of this committee is to create an active forum where members can engage in the local water engineering community.
- Geotechnical - Promoting the professional development of the Puget Sound area geotechnical community.
- COPRI - Advances the engineering profession and facilitates communication concerning the state, utilization, and protection of waterways, ports, harbors, and estuarine areas.
- Structural - Dedicated to the advancement of excellence in structural engineering.
- Sustainability - Educates and advocates for sustainability in the context of civil engineering, as well as connects professionals interested in sustainability within the Puget Sound.
- History & Heritage - The Seattle Section History & Heritage Committee’s charge is to fulfill the goal of ASCE’s History and Heritage Committee (HHC), which is to enhance the knowledge and appreciation of the history and heritage of civil engineering for professionals and the public alike.
- Diversity - The mission of the ASCE Diversity Committee is to enhance access to the profession for minorities; to empower existing members to become visible mentors and counteract historical imbalances in the workforce; and to demonstrate that diversity and inclusion contribute to a healthy, productive work environment.
- Legislative Affairs - The Seattle Section Legislative Committee's purpose is to advance the legislative interests of the Section and of the civil engineering profession in Washington State.
- Outreach - The Seattle Section hosts and participates in a number of outreach activities ranging from community service to STEM outreach.
Branches & Chapters
Board Meeting Minutes
Click here to view recent ASCE Seattle Board Meeting Minutes.