City of Oakwood - Water Plant Superintendent/Water & Sewer Foreman
Type: Full Time
Rate: $85,028 - $99,472 Annually
Closing Date: February 12, 2021
The city of Oakwood is currently accepting applications for Water Plant Superintendent/Water & Sewer Foreman in the Public Works Department. This position is accountable for overseeing the operation of the water and sanitary sewer division of the Public Works Department and supervising the water and sewer division maintenance crew in all aspects of repair and preventative maintenance of Oakwood’s Public Water System.
- Managing the daily operations of the water production and distribution systems and the sanitary sewer collection system
- Ensuring that all water and sewer operations are conducted in compliance with all federal and state regulations
- Other responsibilities as listed in the job posting
- Four or more years of experience in water production, treatment and distribution operations, and sanitary sewer operations
- Maintain an Ohio EPA Class II (or higher) Water Supply Certification at time of hire
- Maintain an Ohio EPA Class II Wastewater Collection Certification or have the ability to obtain the certification within twenty-four (24) months of hire
- Maintain backflow certification or have the ability to obtain the certification within twenty-four (24) months of hire
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and CDL
Montgomery County Engineer's Office - Senior Engineer - Traffic Engineer
Type: Full Time
Rate: $80,000 - $94,536 Annually ($38.46/hr to $45.45/hr)
The Montgomery County Engineer's Office (MCEO), located in Dayton, Ohio, is responsible for building, maintaining, and operating 315 miles of county roads, 525 bridges, 54 traffic signals and approximately 7,000 traffic control signs. MCEO is seeking a senior level traffic engineer to provide professional and technical guidance on civil engineering projects and studies as assigned.
- Directs the traffic count, speed studies, access permit and high crash monitoring programs
- Prepares and reviews traffic studies to determine appropriate treatments and traffic control to resolve safety and congestion issues
- Provides traffic engineering reviews on construction plans, temporary traffic control (MOT) plans, and studies submitted by consultants related to capital improvements and commercial/residential developments
- Performs design activities and assists in the preparation of bid submittal documents for capital improvement projects (signals, signs, pavements markings, temporary traffic control plans)
- Ability to mentor, direct activities, and supervise work of traffic department staff
- Oversees the operations and maintenance of County maintained traffic signals
- Manages civil engineering service contracts for design projects and traffic studies
- Assists staff in the development and budgeting of the five-year capital improvement program
- Investigates public concerns/inquiries; meets with citizens to define and resolve issues
- Functions as the ADA coordinator for facilities located within the public right-of-way
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) curriculum; Masters degree preferred
- Ohio Professional Engineer license or the ability to obtain within one year required
- 5 or more years of civil engineering design experience involving traffic operations, maintenance of traffic signals, road, bridge and/or drainage projects
- Working knowledge of the MUTCD, traffic signal design, traffic controller operation, capacity analysis, and high crash location analysis required
- Familiarity with the Highway Capacity Manual, Synchro, and SimTraffic required
- Familiarity with AutoCAD preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to analyze problems and deal with conflict effectively
- Self-motivated individual who seeks and accepts responsibility
- Strong communication skills and experience relating to the public, peers and support personnel
- Valid State of Ohio Driver's License or ability to obtain within 6 months
Montgomery County Engineer's Office - Plat & Drainage Engineer
Type: Full Time
Rate: $52,998.40 - $72,571.20 Annually ($25.48/hr to $34.89/hr)
The Montgomery County Engineer's Office located in Dayton, Ohio is responsible for building, maintaining and operating approximately 500 bridges and 315 road miles. The Office is seeking a Plat & Drainage Engineer to review construction plans and coordinate inspection for subdivisions and site plans.
- Reviews plat submittals and building sites for compliance with the Montgomery County Subdivision Regulations. Reviews include drainage design, street design, storm water compliance and bond review
- Leads effort to implement and maintain County Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP) to satisfy Phase II of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- Schedules and conducts drainage review meetings
- Interacts with the general public regarding drainage issues
- Support office drainage reviews for capital improvement projects
- Assists with ditch petitions in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code
- When needed, field inspect plat construction improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) curriculum
- 2 or more years of site/civil design experience. Proven experience in the ability to prepare urban drainage designs and construction plans. Additional experience with road design and hydraulic analysis as applied to bridges desired.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination within one year of beginning employment
- Competency with civil engineering drainage software, such as TR-20/55, HEC software, and ODOT CDSS
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Strong communication skills in dealing with peers, consultants and contractors
- Self-motivated individual who wants responsibility
- Desire to coach and develop less experienced staff
- Valid State of Ohio Driver's License or the ability to obtain within 6 months
City of Centerville - Assistant City Engineer
Type: Full Time
Rate: $77,038.40 - $96,298 Annually, depending upon qualifications, plus benefits package
Closing Date: Open until filled
The City of Centerville is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Assistant City Engineer.
Position Summary: Assistant City Engineer will be reporting to City Engineer and is responsible for assisting in projects of engineering design and review their functions , Oversees capital improvement projects and construction sites within public rights-of-ways of the City, Works with planning department in reviewing plans for new development; Provides guidance to developers for their properties; Attends variety of board and staff meetings and provide technical advice ; Assists City Engineer and Public Works Director to review programs, revision plans, preparing annual budget ; Adhere to the City’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.E.) in State of Ohio, or ability to gain it through interstate reciprocity. Experience with local government preferred.
Application Process: Position will be open until filled. Resumes with cover letters will be considered as received and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a completed City application that can be can be obtained online at www.centervilleohio.gov under Human Resources.
Miami Conservancy District (MCD) - Engineering Associate
The Miami Conservancy District is seeking an engineering associate to join their team.
Responsibilities include: Designs, manages, and inspects construction of structural and non-structural flood protection and associated recreational projects including, but not limited to: levees, concrete structures, dams, and bikeways. Inspects and analyzes existing infrastructure such as floodwalls, levees, revetment, and storm sewers, and prepares findings and recommendations. Assists with capital planning, cost estimates, and budgeting. May complete regulatory permit applications and/or grant applications. Prepares materials and may represent MCD at various meetings. Provides information and answers questions regarding projects.
Qualification Requirements: The qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a strong understanding of engineering and construction concepts and principles. Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office, reading and interpreting plans, and technical documents is a must. Understanding of construction project management, contracts and agreements, surveying, and GIS is a plus. Candidate should be detail oriented, organized, and have excellent written and oral communication.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter to MCD. See the PDF ad linked below for contact information. Please also visit MCD's website for more information about MCD www.mcdwater.org.