Civil Engineers are global leaders building a better quality of life.
Provide essential value to our members and partners, advance civil engineering, and serve the public good.
- Facilitate the advancement of technology to enhance quality, knowledge, competitiveness, sustainability, and environmental stewardship.
- Encourage and provide the tools for lifelong learning to aid our members’ continued growth throughout their careers.
- Promote professionalism and the profession throughout society to enhance the stature of civil engineers and to influence public policy.
- Develop and support civil engineer leaders to broaden our members’ perspectives, enhance their career growth, and promote the public interest.
- Advocate infrastructure and environmental stewardship to protect the public health and safety and improve the quality of life.
Code of Ethics
Fundamental Principles: Engineers uphold and advance the integrity, honor and dignity of the engineering profession by:
- using their knowledge and skill for the enhancement of human welfare;
- being honest and impartial and serving with fidelity the public, their employers and clients;
- striving to increase the competence and prestige of the engineering profession; and
- supporting the professional and technical societies of their disciplines.