ASCE Code of Ethics
The ASCE Code of Ethics is the model for professional conduct for ASCE members.
Low Impact Development
Low Impact Development - Stakeholder Advisory Group and Interested Parties,
Draft available December 6 -- Comments due by December 12, 2012
NEW Eastern Washington LID Guidance Document 30% DRAFT to be released December 6th for public comment. Comments are encouraged by using a response template that will be available when the DRAFT is released on the Washington Stormwater Center webpage. All public comments are due back to the Washington Stormwater Center by Wednesday, December 12, 2012.
See the link below to the Washington Stormwater Center for more information:
The Pavement Committee was formed last spring to study the different types of pavement typically used in the Inland Northwest. The committee chair is Chris Sneider. For more information on this committee please read the attached documents.
- Inland Empire Asphalt Pavement Study
Here is some information and links on Studded Tires from a recent Section meeting presentation by Howard Hamby.
- Random Thoughts
- Studded Tires
Studded Tires Resolution
This Resolution to Ban Studded Tires was voted and approved at our Annual Section Meeting in January 2012.
- Studded Tires Resolution 2012
If you are interested in posting a advertisement for a job please do so here.
The Board of Directors of ASCE-IE sets aside money for each of the three student chapters (WSU, GU, and UI) in September. These funds are available by request until May of the following year. The amount of money set aside for student chapter activities will vary from year to year, but has historically been in the range of $500 per student chapter. Read the documents below for more information about these funding opporunities.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. Thank you.
University of Idaho
WASHINGTON STATE ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY
The Inland Empire Section of ASCE has adopted a two mile portion of Interstate 90 from mile marker 275 to 277. This section is located just west of Spokane between the Geiger Exit and the Medical Lake Exit. We are responsible for picking up trash on the shoulders in both directions three times a year. The cleanup takes about 2 hours and ends with a lunch provided by ASCE-IE. American Society of Civil Engineers name will be posted on the Adopt a Highway signs.
If you are interested in this community service view the safety video on WSDOT Adopt-a-Highway Section and complete the Adopt a Highway Participation and Registration form if you have not volunteered before with our group. [Note: we have completed forms on file for these individules: R. Broadwater, M. Faulise, J. Finger, S. Finger, M. Pannell, H. Pina, J. Sawyers. D. Updegrove, and E. Walters].
The sign up sheet is available here. The next cleanup will be scheduled around April, 2020. We will meet in the parking lot of Denny's, 3711 S Geiger Blvd, Spokane, WA 99224, at 8:30am for check-in, a brief safety meeting, and assignments. Brunch will be provided for you at Denny's or Jenny's once finished (approximately 11:00 am). Contact Jeanne Finger (firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-590-8576) for any questions.
- American Wind Energy Association
- Greenroads Metric
- U.S Green Building Council
- Solar Action Alliance
- Smart Electric Power Alliance
- U.S. Department of Energy Building Life Cycle Cost Programs
- EPANET (Application for Modeling Drinking Water Distribution Systems)
- SpecsIntact (Application for developing specifications based on UFC and UFGS for DoD and NASA projects)
- Whole Building Design Guide (National Institute of Building Sciences) for Federal Facilities
Geoinfomatics & CAD
- NOAA Magnetic Declination
- Google Earth
- Geology.com US Map Collection
- LibreCAD | Opensource 2D CAD
- US Geological Survey National Map Program
- Idaho Board of Licensure of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors
- Montana Board of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors
- Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineers and Land Surveying
- Washington State Department of Licensing/Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- CS Engineering Magazine
- Engineering News Record | ENR
- MIT News |Civil and Environmental Engineering
- National Academy of Engineering
- New Civil Engineer
- Renewable Energy World
- Spokesman Review
- Spokane Journal
- America Walks
- National Transportation Safety Board
- Roads and Bridges
- FHWA: Roundabouts an Informational Guide
- Spokane Regional Transportation Council
- United States Access Board
- WASHDOT | Bicycling in Washington
- WASHDOT | Design Support
Education and Careers
Membership with ASCE enables a member with access to extensive resources for continuing education, licensure, and community outreach for both professionals and students.
ASCE maintains this resource on their website at Education and Careers.