2024 CSCE Student Awards - Nominations Due March 15, 2024
2024 GEO-CT Geotechnical Scholarship - Nominations Due March 20, 2024
The Geo-Institute Connecticut Valley Chapter seeks to establish a scholarship award targeted toward students studying geotechnical engineering or a related field at an undergraduate college/university in Connecticut.
Student Award Nominations from Affiliated Organizations
Scholarship season is here! The Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) CT Chapter, a national organization dedicated to support employment diversity, inclusion, and contracting opportunities in transportation industry, 2024 scholarships are available. As part our commitment to help minority youths maximize their educational potential, two $1,500 scholarships will be awarded. Application deadline is Monday, April 15, 2024. More information can be found here: https://www.comtoct.org/ or contact Dr. Tamara B. Smith at [email protected]
17th Annual ACE Awards - May 15, 2024 - Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville, CT
Nomination Deadline: March 15, 2024
The Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE) Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers aims to enhance the professional growth of its individual members, the advancement of engineering knowledge, the maintenance of high professional standards, to promote civil engineering education, to foster student membership and participation and cooperation with other engineering societies, in a manner consistent with the objectives of ASCE.
CSCE is honoring the design and construction achievements of Connecticut Civil Engineers. These Achievement in Civil Engineering Awards or “ACE" Awards will commend projects on which significant engineering expertise or innovation was exhibited by Connecticut Engineers and especially CSCE members. The ACE Awards will distinguish the projects, and thereby honor the overall contributions of numerous engineers and other team members.
To be eligible, a project must have been planned, designed, or constructed substantially between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, in Connecticut. Preference will be given to projects physically located in Connecticut. Completed ACE Awards Applications should include a Cover Sheet and related attachments. CSCE encourages firms that functioned as sub-consultants to submit individually or partner with the prime engineering firms to submit an application.
The CSCE Board is now accepting nominations for the following individual awards that will be presented at the Annual ACE Awards Dinner in September. These awards will recognize ASCE/CSCE members for their outstanding contributions to the Civil Engineering profession. Anyone can nominate a CSCE member who best exemplifies the Civil Engineering profession. The nominees must work and/or reside within the State of Connecticut.
Selection: Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- Education and Professional qualifications;
- Projects completed;
- Patents; Publications; Presentations; Teaching
- Professional involvement including society affiliations and leadership roles;
- Professional reputation; and
- Outstanding contributions to the profession.
- Civil Engineer of the Year (Private and/or Public). Nominees must be an ASCE member, a Professional Engineer practicing for at least ten (10) years in Connecticut and have demonstrated innovation and significant contributions in advancing the Civil Engineering profession.
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year (Private and/or Public). Nominees must be an ASCE member, a Professional Engineer, and 35 years of age or younger by July 31, 2023.
- Civil Engineering Educator of the Year. This award is presented to an outstanding educator who has demonstrated excellence and innovation in effective teaching and learning; contributed substantially in educating future engineers; and/or has advanced research topics in the field of Civil Engineering. The educator must be a faculty member at an educational institution in Connecticut.
- Benjamin Wright Award — Nominee must be a civil engineer in Connecticut who has demonstrated outstanding practice throughout their career, and made significant contributions to Civil Engineering.
This award will recognize a Connecticut-based Civil Engineering firm that has shown support for CSCE and encourages employee participation in CSCE events and initiatives. Employers should have demonstrated a commitment to regularly support CSCE activities through sponsorship, attendance and service during the calendar year. Nominations should include a narrative of the firm's support for CSCE including employees' participation on CSCE executive board and committees, as well as ASCE regional and national activities.
2023 Award Winners
Benjamin Wright Award
The Benjamin Wright Award is given annually by the Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers Section to a Connecticut Civil Engineer who has demonstrated outstanding practice throughout his or her career, and made significant contributions to Civil Engineering. CSCE was proud to present the 2023 Benjamin Wright Award to Michael Culmo, P.E.