2023 Award Winners
2023 ACE Award for Coastal Resiliency
Project: Cove River Tidal Marsh Restoration, Pedestrian Bridge and Sea Bluff Beach Park Improvements
Team Members: SLR Consulting, City of West Haven, Terry Marine, and SG Engineering LLC
2023 ACE Award for Design-Build
Project: Route 34 Downtown Crossing Phase 3
Team Members: PRIME AE Group, Inc., KS Engineers, P.C., ZUVIC, Inc., Freeman Companies, LLC, and KWH
2023 ACE Award for Innovative Design
Project: Relocation of I-91 Northbound Interchange 29 and Widening of I-91 Northbound and Route 5/15 Northbound to I-84 Eastbound
Team Members: Connecticut Department of Transportation and Clough, Harbour & Associates, LLP/CHA Consulting, Inc.
2023 ACE for Municipal Achievement
Project: Replacement of the Davis Avenue Bridge
Team Members: Benesch, Town of Greenwich, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc., and A Vitti Excavators
2023 ACE Award for Sustainable Development
Project: West District Headquarters for the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP)
Team Members: GNCB Consulting Engineers, P.C., and TLB Architecture, LLC
2023 ACE Award for Wastewater Infrastructure
Project: Stratford Wastewater Pump Station Resiliency Project
Team Members: Tighe & Bond, Town of Stratford, CH Nickerson
Benjamin Wright Award
The Benjamin Wright Award is given annually by the Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers Section to a Connecticut Civil Engineer who has demonstrated outstanding practice throughout his or her career, and made significant contributions to Civil Engineering. CSCE was proud to present the 2023 Benjamin Wright Award to Michael Culmo, P.E.
Past Recipients of the Benjamin Wright Award
2024 Student Awards - Due March 15, 2024 - The applications listed below will be available in January 2024.
|Application for College Students||Application for Incoming Freshmen|
17th Annual ACE Awards - May 15, 2024
Aqua Turf Club in Plantsville, CT
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024 - The forms listed below will be available in January 2024. Please send your nominations to [email protected].
2024 Registration & Sponsorship Opportunities
Project Nominations - 2024 Nomination Form
The Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE) Section of the American Society of Civil Engineers aims to enhance the professional growth of its individual members, the advancement of engineering knowledge, the maintenance of high professional standards, to promote civil engineering education, to foster student membership and participation and cooperation with other engineering societies, in a manner consistent with the objectives of ASCE.
CSCE is honoring the design and construction achievements of Connecticut Civil Engineers. These Achievement in Civil Engineering Awards or “ACE" Awards will commend projects on which significant engineering expertise or innovation was exhibited by Connecticut Engineers and especially CSCE members. The ACE Awards will distinguish the projects, and thereby honor the overall contributions of numerous engineers and other team members.
To be eligible, a project must have been planned, designed, or constructed substantially between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023, in Connecticut. Preference will be given to projects physically located in Connecticut. Completed ACE Awards Applications should include a Cover Sheet and related attachments. CSCE encourages firms that functioned as sub-consultants to submit individually or partner with the prime engineering firms to submit an application.
Individual Award Nominations - 2024 Nomination Form
The CSCE Board is now accepting nominations for the following individual awards that will be presented at the Annual ACE Awards Dinner in September. These awards will recognize ASCE/CSCE members for their outstanding contributions to the Civil Engineering profession. Anyone can nominate a CSCE member who best exemplifies the Civil Engineering profession. The nominees must work and/or reside within the State of Connecticut.
Selection: Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- Education and Professional qualifications;
- Projects completed;
- Patents; Publications; Presentations; Teaching
- Professional involvement including society affiliations and leadership roles;
- Professional reputation; and
- Outstanding contributions to the profession.
- Civil Engineer of the Year (Private and/or Public). Nominees must be an ASCE member, a Professional Engineer practicing for at least ten (10) years in Connecticut and have demonstrated innovation and significant contributions in advancing the Civil Engineering profession.
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year (Private and/or Public). Nominees must be an ASCE member, a Professional Engineer, and 35 years of age or younger by July 31, 2024.
- Civil Engineering Educator of the Year. This award is presented to an outstanding educator who has demonstrated excellence and innovation in effective teaching and learning; contributed substantially in educating future engineers; and/or has advanced research topics in the field of Civil Engineering. The educator must be a faculty member at an educational institution in Connecticut.
- Benjamin Wright Award — Nominee must be a civil engineer in Connecticut who has demonstrated outstanding practice throughout their career, and made significant contributions to Civil Engineering.
ASCE Connecticut Section Employer of the Year Award - 2024 Nomination Form
This award will recognize a Connecticut-based Civil Engineering firm that has shown support for CSCE and encourages employee participation in CSCE events and initiatives. Employers should have demonstrated a commitment to regularly support CSCE activities through sponsorship, attendance and service during the calendar year. Nominations should include a narrative of the firm's support for CSCE including employees' participation on CSCE executive board and committees, as well as ASCE regional and national activities.