Washington State University (Pullman, WA)
Gonzaga University (Spokane, WA)
University of Idaho, (Moscow, ID)
The Board of Directors of ASCE-IE sets aside money for each of the three student chapters (WSU, GU, and UI) in September. These funds are available by request. The amount of money set aside for student chapter activities will vary from year to year, but has historically been in the range of $500 per student chapter. Please contact us with questions about requesting funding for student chapter activities.
WASHINGTON STATE ADOPT-A-HIGHWAY
The Inland Empire Section of ASCE has adopted a two mile portion of Interstate 90 from mile marker 275 to 277. This section is located just west of Spokane between the Geiger Exit and the Medical Lake Exit. We are responsible for picking up trash on the shoulders in both directions three times a year. The cleanup takes about 2 hours and ends with a lunch provided by ASCE-IE. American Society of Civil Engineers name will be posted on the Adopt a Highway signs.
If you are interested in this community service view the safety video on WSDOT Adopt-a-Highway Section and complete the Adopt a Highway Participation and Registration form if you have not volunteered before with our group.
Contact Jeanne Finger ([email protected], 509-590-8576) for any questions.
Region 8 ASCE
Region 8 information for ASCE can be found on their website: https://regions.asce.org/region8/
ASCE Code of Ethics
The ASCE Code of Ethics is the model for professional conduct for ASCE members.
Education and Careers
Membership with ASCE enables a member with access to extensive resources for continuing education, licensure, and community outreach for both professionals and students.
ASCE maintains this resource on their website at Education and Careers.
If you are interested in posting a advertisement for a job, please do so here.
- American Wind Energy Association
- Greenroads Metric
- U.S Green Building Council
- Solar Action Alliance
- Smart Electric Power Alliance
- U.S. Department of Energy Building Life Cycle Cost Programs
- EPANET (Application for Modeling Drinking Water Distribution Systems)
- SpecsIntact (Application for developing specifications based on UFC and UFGS for DoD and NASA projects)
- Whole Building Design Guide (National Institute of Building Sciences) for Federal Facilities
Geoinfomatics & CAD
- NOAA Magnetic Declination
- Google Earth
- Geology.com US Map Collection
- LibreCAD | Opensource 2D CAD
- US Geological Survey National Map Program
- Idaho Board of Licensure of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors
- Montana Board of Professional Engineers and Professional Land Surveyors
- Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineers and Land Surveying
- Washington State Department of Licensing/Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- CS Engineering Magazine
- Engineering News Record | ENR
- MIT News |Civil and Environmental Engineering
- National Academy of Engineering
- New Civil Engineer
- Renewable Energy World
- Spokesman Review
- Spokane Journal