2021 ASCE INFRASTRUCTURE REPORT CARD
The American Society of Civil Engineers unveiled their 2021 Report Card for America's Infrastructure on March 3, 2021. The nation earned a C-, up from the 2017's cumulative GPA of D+.
For more information, visit the Infrastructurereportcard.org website.
2018 MICHIGAN INFRASTRUCTURE REPORT CARD
The ASCE Michigan Section released the 2018 Infrastructure Report Card for Michigan in March. The report covers 13 categories of infrastructure including: aviation, bridges, dams, drinking water, energy, navigation, rail, roads, schools, solid waste, stormwater, transit and wastewater.
The ASCE Michigan Section annually awards scholarships to deserving college students pursuing degrees in Civil Engineering. Applications are due by Memorial Day each year. To be eligible, students must:
- Be a Michigan resident and US Citizen at the time of application,
- Be enrolled as a full time student (in good standing) at an ABET accredited college in a civil and/or environmental engineering program in the State of Michigan,
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 (out of 4.0) at the time of application.
Two scholarships are available, the Mackinac Scholarship ($10,000 total - $5,000 each year for 2 years) and the Zuidema Scholarship ($1,500). To apply, download the Scholarship Application and return it to the ASCE Michigan Section (information provided with application).
Special recognition should be given to the companies that made a Champion Level pledge ($1,000) to the Mackinac Scholarship Fund. Click here for a list of donors. Scholarship donors at the Champion Level received a framed commemorative Mackinac Bridge print. Contributions help us provide more scholarship opportunities to Michigan Engineers.
Framed prints are still available ($1,000). Unframed prints can be purchased for $50. Contact Cindy Schmitz for ordering information: email@example.com.
ASCE MI SECTION AWARDS
- Historic CE Landmark
- Outstanding CE Achievements
- Franklin D. Meyers Civil Engineer of the Year
- Quality of Life
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year
ASCE MI SECTION GOVERNANCE